I’ve written several books on bar preparation in my “In-Brief” series currently selling on Amazon. While writing the books, I received advice from a psychologist who told me that stories are easier to remember than rules. So for each tested bar topic, I included a case that reflects a story relating to the rule. BarPrepHero is the only test site that I have participated in which explains virtually all of its answers with a related case, and as such provides a mechanism for retaining rules through stories. Five stars in my book! ~ Glenn Riser, Juris Doctor Graduate at Florida Coastal School of Law
This is a great introductory MBE study tool. I have taken and passed the California bar exam previously and I am studying for the Tennessee bar exam currently. I feel that the questions provided are not as difficult as the actual MBE questions on the exam, but they are an excellent refresher and a wonderful study aid. ~ Chrystine Carvalho, TN
First allow me to say that you guys are awesome, and I greatly appreciate your bar-prep site. I am currently a paralegal student, and have always wanted to know how I would perform on the bar multi choice section. Your site has given me that opportunity, and I am pleasantly surprised with most of my test scores (70’s — 90’s), depending on whether I have had a course in a particular test area. Even mistaken answers become learning tools due to your highly instructive and nicely detailed answer sections. I have recommended your site to an attorney who has moved here from another state, and is now preparing for the Maryland Bar Exam. I can not thank you guys enough for your efforts in creating your site, I am very pleased with the level of confidence I have found in myself, by getting the number of correct answers as I have so far. Always wanted to know, and you guys are providing the challenge. Thanks, and please keep the questions coming. Best Regards, Bill Bennett ~ William Bennett, Maryland
Some of these I recognize from actual cases I read in Crim Law!! Love it! ~ Jessica Stone-Erdman, NC
Glad I found this site. The explanations and cited cases is a huge plus. I think that they are good sharpening analytical skills. Keep up the good work here! I will visit often. ~ Jacqueline
Fantastic prep for Evidence final. Thank you! ~ Anton Yatsenko
You know you’ve crossed the line into full on bar prep nerddom when you get excited about finding free MBE practice!~ Susan Zucco
This was very helpful. One of my classmates recommended this to me. He got 100% on the practice MBE’s in class last night and credits this page for it. ~ Ellen Fawl, California
Barprephero.com is fantastic. This gave me the inspiration to further my research in law. Thanks! ~ Edwin Vargas
In order to assist applicants in preparing for the written portion of Maryland Bar Examinations, the State Board of Law Examiners provides the following materials:
- PDF reproductions of each session of the Board’s Written Test beginning with the July 2014 General Bar Examination. (Please note that essay questions for General Bar Examinations prior to July 2014 are reproduced within the text of the Representative Good Answer document for each exam session.)
- PDF reproductions of the Extracts provided for each session of the General Bar Examination. The extracts provide selected materials from the Maryland Rules or other articles of the Annotated Code of Maryland which are intended to assist the examinee in answering one or more of the essay questions.
- Two (2) representative good answers for each Maryland essay question since 1998 and two (2) representative good answers from each Multistate Performance Test question given since 2007. The Representative Good Answers are provided to illustrate how actual examinees responded to the Maryland essay questions and the Multistate Performance Test (MPT). The Representative Good Answers are not “average” passing answers nor are they necessarily “perfect” answers. Instead, they are responses which, in the Board’s view, are successful answers written by applicants who passed the Maryland General Bar Examination. These answers are reproduced without any changes or corrections by the Board, other than to spelling, font and line spacing for ease of reading.
- The Board’s Analysis for each Maryland General Bar Examination essay question from 1998 to February 2015, when the Board, by policy ceased to release this document. The Board’s Analysis consists of a discussion of the principal legal and factual issues raised by each question on the Maryland general bar essay test. It is prepared by the Board. The Board’s Analysis is not a model answer, nor is it an exhaustive listing of all possible legal issues suggested by the facts of the question.
- PDF reproductions of each Maryland Out-of-State Attorney (OSA) Examination beginning with the July 2014 OSA Examination. (Please note that questions for OSA Exams prior to July 2014 are reproduced within the text of the Board’s Analysis document for each exam session.)
- The Board’s Analysis for each Maryland Out-of-State Attorney (OSA) Examination question from 1998 to February 2015 when, by policy, the Board ceased to release this document. The Board’s Analysis consists of a discussion of the principal legal and factual issues raised by each question on the Maryland OSA Exam. It is prepared by the Board. The Board’s Analysis is not a model answer, nor is it an exhaustive listing of all possible legal issues suggested by the facts of the question.
- Two (2) representative good answers for each Maryland Out-of-State Attorney Exam since February 2016. The Representative Good Answers are provided to illustrate how actual examinees responded to the Maryland Out-of-State Attorneys’ Bar Examination. The Representative Good Answers are not “average” passing answers nor are they necessarily “perfect” answers. Instead, these are the two (2) highest scoring overall exam responses for this session. These answers are transcribed from the hand-written answer books without any changes or corrections by the Board, other than to spelling and formatting for ease of reading.
Exam Questions & Answers
Exam Questions & Answers Archive 1998-2012